Cunard’s seven-day Transatlantic Fashion Week 2019 features star names including Stephen Jones OBE, Stuart Weitzman, Colin McDowell MBE, Pat Cleveland and more.
Transatlantic Fashion Week
Cunard has announced its fourth annual Transatlantic Fashion Week to take place 28 July – 4 August 2019 on luxury ocean liner Queen Mary 2. Headline names include royal milliner, Stephen Jones OBE, alongside fashion greats including Stuart Weitzman, Colin McDowell MBE, Pat Cleveland, Lindy Woodhead and Rosemarie Bravo CBE.
Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week will play host to runway shows, talks, exhibitions, in-store events, book signings and film screenings and be attended by a mix of the fashion industry’s leading designers, editors, models and the UK’s top emerging fashion graduates.
British milliner Stephen Jones OBE
British milliner Stephen Jones OBE, will be headlining Cunard’s 2019 event. Stephen is considered one of the world’s most influential milliners of the late 20th and early 21st centuries and has worked with Diana, Princess of Wales to Mick Jagger and fashion greats including Vivienne Westwood. Stephen will be on board to showcase some of his most memorable pieces in two runway shows and participate in a Q&A session on his career so far.
Stephen Jones OBE commented:
I am delighted to be involved in Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week next summer, showing my hats on the most majestic ship in the world. I look forward to sharing my insights, tips and future trends to look out for, with my fellow shipmates on board.
Cunard will also be partnering with the Graduate Fashion Foundation, a world leading charitable organisation which presents Graduate Fashion Week annually to celebrate the creativity of students and graduates within fashion. Previous winners of The Graduate Fashion Week awards include Stella McCartney and Christopher Bailey.
Six graduates, selected by the Graduate Fashion Foundation and Colin McDowell MBE will have the opportunity to showcase pieces from their graduate collections via a stunning runway show during the week at sea.
Other leading names
Other leading names taking part during next year’s Transatlantic Fashion Week include:
- Stuart Weitzman: Stuart, an American shoe designer, entrepreneur and founder of his eponymous shoe company. Weitzman will display a selection of his red carpet shoes, participate in a Q&A hosted by Michael Atmore and give guests an inspirational talk on his career.
- Pat Cleveland: Pat, is an American fashion model and will be participating in a Q&A to talk about her five decades in fashion.
- Colin McDowell MBE: The highly respected fashion historian and style commentator, returns for the fourth time and will host interactive talks and workshops.
- Lindy Woodhead: Lindy, who worked in international fashion for over twenty-five years will be giving a talk on her career, participating in a Q&A and doing book signings.
- Rosemarie Bravo CBE: During her career, Rosemarie has occupied leadership positions in several major fashion businesses and is now vice chairman at Burberry. Rosemarie will be participating in a Q&A.
- Stanley Tucker: With over forty years experience in the luxury menswear business, Stanley joined Burberry in 1997 as Senior Vice President of Menswear Worldwide. In addition to a Q&A covering his career, Stanley will also host a men’s styling workshop.
- Gail Sackloff OBE: International Fashion Consultant Gail, will return for a fourth year to co-curate Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week with Colin McDowell MBE.
- STORM model agency: One of London’s revolutionary modelling agencies, STORM will also be returning to Transatlantic Fashion Week.