Princess Cruises has announced that its high-speed onboard WiFi, MedallionNet, will be available on ten of its ships – more than half the line’s fleet – by the end of 2019.
Princess Cruises Wifi
MedallionNet is currently available on four ships:
Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess and Ruby Princess have MedallionNet available.
The rollout will continue throughout the fleet as follows:
- Crown Princess on June 30 during a summer of departures from Southampton across the British Isles
- Emerald Princess on August 3 as it sails the Mediterranean
- Golden Princess on December 20 as she departs on a variety of voyages in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific
- Coral Princess on April 5
- Island Princess on May 15 during their respective Alaska seasons
The newest addition to the fleet, Sky Princess will begin service in October fully Medallion-activated
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK & Europe, said:
The expansion of MedallionNet to a further six ships means that more guests than ever before can experience land-like connection speeds from anywhere on the ship. MedallionNet is a huge step forward for WiFi at sea and offers guests fast, affordable, reliable and unlimited connectivity at sea. Guests now have the option to stay connected whenever and wherever they are. MedallionNet gives them the option to stream, video chat and connect as much or as little as they’d like, making it quicker and easier to keep in touch with friends and family back home and share those once-in-a-lifetime holiday experiences without sacrificing time at sea or ashore.
Dates for MedallionNet to go live on the remaining seven ships in the Princess fleet will be confirmed in due course.
Princess has also announced the dates when three more of its ships will be fully Ocean Medallion-activated in 2019.
- Royal Princess on April 13
- Crown Princess on July 24
- Sky Princess, when it launches in the Mediterranean on October 20
Find out more about Sky Princess here >>