Princess Cruises is preparing the 3,560 guest Regal Princess as the second ship to be fully-activated with the Princess Medallion. All of Regal Princess’ guests will have full access from 17 February 2019, during the ship’s Caribbean season.
Caribbean Princess, who is based in the Caribbean all-year round, was the first ship in the Princess Cruises fleet to have full Medallion access. The Medallion will continue to roll out as part of a phased fleet-wide activation plan with further announcements to be made in due course.
Princess Medallion Features
Fully-automated, with no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function, the Medallion is the same size as a 10p coin. Its features include:
- A streamlined ship embarkation and disembarkation process
- Keyless stateroom access
- Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests for a more personalised service
- OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and children
- Access for guests to a real-time look at their itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
- Interactive games that can be played on portals across the ship
- A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said:
We’ve received excellent feedback from guests and crew members who have experienced the Medallion on Caribbean Princess as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation. The more personalised service we are now able to provide is benefiting guests from the moment they step foot onboard. The Medallion enhances so much of what we offer, from speedy embarkation, to staying in touch with friends and family, to finding your way across the ship, to ordering drinks.