Carnival Mardi Gras to arrive in 2021, the most innovative, fun-fueled ship
Carnival Cruise Lines have welcomed Carnival Mardi Gras to their fleet, the most innovative, fun-fueled ship arriving in 2021. For nearly five years Carnival have been working to prepare Mardi Gras and are excited to show off all her ‘fun’ features, including the incredible, thrill-seeking BOLT, the ultimate Sea Coaster, Emeril’s Bistro 1396, mouth-watering, authentic bayou flavours, and Family Feud, a game show that has been a big hit to families for generations, and so much more.
Carnival Mardi Gras staterooms are like no other, with major innovations, helping you get ready for fun, and relax after a long day. You’ll experience the finer touches that make such a difference like, the ring-lit vanity mirror lights you, and is shadow free, the ottoman cushions flip over to serve as an extra table, and even the bedtime reading lights are nicely recessed into the wall. And, even enough USB charging ports for everyone’s belongings.
- The Havana Staterooms and Suites onboard give you the feeling of being on your own island, with exclusive members access to the Havana Bar & Pool, all staterooms have a unique décor, upgrade to a Havana Cabana and enjoy an extra-large outdoor chill space.
- Cloud 9 Spa staterooms have a calm and tranquil atmosphere, with exclusive priority to spa reservations, unlimited access to the thermal suites, free fitness classes and more. All enjoying free spa bathrobes and slippers with Elemis toiletries.
- Family Harbor staterooms and Suites are all situated near Mardi Gras own Family Harbor Lounge, an exclusive venue serving breakfast, snacks during the day with plenty of family activities, such as family movies, video/board games and more. An incentive for the little ones, they can dine for free in most of the onboard specialty restaurants with free access to the Night Owl’s babysitting service.
Amongst some of the family staterooms and suites, Carnival Mardi Gras also features the popular Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms.
Here’s what to expect on Carnival Mardi Gras, featuring six distinct zones featuring new experiences:
- Grand Central – The heart of a cruise ship, the grand atrium spans over three decks high, with floor-to-ceiling windows, capturing the ocean views. You can expect amazing places to relax and soak up the atmosphere here and people watch. Take a break and have a coffee at JavaBlue Café whilst enjoying performances on the stage in front. Grand Central comes alive in the evening with feel good entertainment in Piano Bar 88 and the Punchliner Comedy Club, you’ll also not be far away for a spot of dinner, get your taste buds going at Bonsai Sushi or Bonsai Teppanyaki.
- French Quarter – Inspired by New Orleans itself and if, ‘Big’ and ‘Easy’ is your sort of thing, then this is your zone. Lined with bars and eateries you can enjoy authentic, delicious cuisine at Emeril’s Bistro 1396, as you step into the entertainment in the French Quarter’s enjoy The Brass Magnolia, obviously influenced by world-renowned Crescent City nightlife, serving not only drinks, but some hot Jazz playing too. Steps away is the Fortune Teller bar, creating mystical cocktails and some funky shops to browse in too.
- Summer Landing – A name suited for it’s purpose, ‘the greatest chill spot at sea’ and nothing fits an eatery more perfect than a BBQ venue, so enjoy freshly smoked favourites at the Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse designed by Guy Fieri. If you’re ready to chill out by the pool, then The Watering Hole is the place to be, a poolside bar, built with the backyard-style relaxation. You’ll also see Heroes Tribute Lounge, raise a glass and thank our military and experience excellent service, and nothing goes better with sat by the pool than an ice-cream at Swirls, a 24/7 station, and there’s two onboard.
- La Pizza – This zone stands for atmosphere and flavor with the Italian spirit driving ambience. At Cucina del Capitano, you can enjoy the classic family favourites, while Pizzeria del Capitano is a 24-hour pizza stop with imported Italian flour and fresh mozzarella. Next, enjoy authentic espresso drinks and classic Italian cocktails at Bar della Rosa.
- Lido – This poolside zone features more delicious and fun experiences for everyone. Enjoy a South Pacific atmosphere at the RedFrog Tiki Bar, serving the good stuff. Street Eats, brings highlights of the world’s best cuisine from kebabs, bao buns and upgraded fries. Along with Big Chicken, Guy’s Burger Joint and the New-England inspired Seafood Shack and Bluelguana Cantina.
- The Ultimate Playground – It’s not just for the youngsters, it’s everybody’s ‘fun’ zone, we’ve got to start with BOLT, the first rollercoaster at sea, and it’s an electric thrill ride that puts the power of speed in your hands. Carnival WaterWorks has three of the largest, spiraling slides, and SportSquare even features a mini-golf course, a full court basketball and a ropes course, and that’s just a small selection of what Mardi Gras has to offer.
Book your next cruise aboard Carnival Mardi Gras and sail the Caribbean, covering the Eastern and Western Islands departing from Port Canaveral in Orlando from June 2021.