When Crystal Mozart was christened in Vienna last month, it signalled the official launch of Crystal River Cruises. The brand new luxury river cruise line incorporates all of the signature features and six-star service we have come to expect from Crystal Cruises and the fleet is set to feature four more ‘river yachts’ by summer 2017. For now, here are ten things we love about Crystal River Cruises’ first ship, the Crystal Mozart.
1. Power-assisted bikes for independent exploring in each destination. Far less strenuous than peddle power!
2. Technology galore in suites, from USB charging ports to an in-suite iPad, which does everything from controlling the mood lighting, to booking excursions and ordering room service. There’s even a heated toilet seat in the high-tech ensuite!
3. The Crystal Suite – the largest suite found on any river cruise vessel at 883 sq.ft – features two bedrooms, an oversize bath, walk-in wardrobe and the most serene décor we’ve seen on Europe’s rivers. Perfect!
4. The Crystal Life Spa, complete with his and hers saunas, Jacuzzi, treatment rooms and a sizeable pool. This isn’t your usual river ship spa by any means.
5. The suite sofas, on which we could sit and watch the world go by for hours on end.
6. The destination themed fayre in the Mozart Bistro; Viennese cooled coffee, German sausage, Austrian cheese – no wonder our jeans are tight when we get home!
7. Every guest aboard Crystal Mozart enjoys the services of their very own butler.
8. The headsets found in your suite aren’t just for following shore tours, they work whilst on board too, with any interesting sights pointed out as you pass by on the water.
9. Crystal Mozart’s Vista Deck is one of our favourite spots on board, thanks to a pop-up bar, giant beanbags and deck chairs, plus plenty of sun loungers.
10. Champagne boat tours for private sight-seeing along the European waterways that Crystal Mozart is too large to explore. Nowhere is off limits!
Do you like the look of Crystal River Cruises’ first river ship? Experience luxury river cruising aboard Crystal Mozart for yourself on a Danube Christmas Markets sailing. The 10-day Vienna round trip is available with various November and December departures, with fares from £2,130 per person.