Today sees the introduction of brand new river cruise line, Crystal River Cruises, as itineraries for 2016, 2017 and 2018 go on sale. With river cruising continuing to soar in popularity, we wanted to share ten things you need to know about the new kid on the river cruising block.
1. The fleet will consist of five ‘river yachts’ by 2017: Crystal Mozart, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Bach, Crystal Ravel and Crystal Mahler
2. The river cruise operator initially commissioned German shipyard Lloyd Werft to construct two river vessels but doubled the order following unprecedented demand from customers
3. The first ship in the fleet, Crystal Mozart, will launch on Europe’s waters in July 2016 – a full year earlier than initially planned. When launched, it will become the largest river cruise vessel in Europe at 75.1ft wide. Crystal Mozart’s two two-bedroom Crystal Suites will each measure 860sq.ft, making them the largest suites on any river cruise vessel
4. Crystal Mozart will become one of just a handful of river cruise ships to feature an indoor swimming pool
5. All suites on board each river vessel will feature king-sized beds – an industry first
6. Crystal promises guests six-star service, with butler service available in every suite and the highest crew-to-guest ratio in European river cruising
7. Each vessel in the Crystal River Cruises fleet will offer complimentary use of equipment including electric bikes, kayaks and even jet skis
8. Fares will include complimentary culinary experiences at Michelin-starred and highly renowned local restaurants – great for foodies!
9. In addition to Crystal Adventures, guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy high-intensity shore-side excursions as part of the brand new Active Exploration
10. Adventures programme, aimed at seeing the European landscape in new ways whilst keeping fit on holiday
Are you planning a European river cruise with Crystal River Cruises? Call your Bolsover Cruise Club Sales Consultant today on 01246 819819 for more information on itineraries.
(Please note that inaugural voyages on board each Crystal River Cruises vessel are open exclusively to Crystal Society Members until 16 December 2015)