20 things To Do On A Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing
A Cunard Transatlantic Crossing is traditional cruising’s most iconic voyage, however there are still some who wonder how on earth they will spend 7 nights at sea. Worry not, with so much to do on board Queen Mary 2, you’ll certainly never be bored.
Here are 20 things to do on a Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing
1. Enjoy our famous Afternoon Tea, served by white-gloved waiters in the Queens Room, with fresh scones, finger sandwiches and delicious cakes served daily.
2. Indulge yourself with a day pass to the Canyon Ranch SpaClub® and enjoy the Aqua Therapy Centre with thermal suite, steam room, sauna, therapy pools and hot beds. Why not also enjoy a body treatment, such as an organic seaweed wrap or a Thai massage?
3. Take a RADA acting, watercolour or digital living class with workshops on Apple devices. For those wishing to get in shape, there’s always Yoga or perhaps a Spinning class in the Canyon Ranch SpaClub® Fitness Centre.
4. Play darts, watch live sports, join in the pub quiz or bingo, and order one of your pub favourites in the Golden Lion; from fish and chips to steak and ale pie.
5. Take a seat in Illuminations and enjoy a 3D film, a planetarium show or a famous Insights speaker – renowned authors, writers, film-makers, politicians, scientists, historians and even astronauts are invited on board to inform and entertain guests.
6. Rediscover the luxury of time and peruse the on board Library with over 8,000 books – relax in the peace and quiet as the ocean passes by.
7. Enjoy a Martini Mixology class or Whisky tasting in the Commodore Club or perhaps a Wine tasting experience in the Britannia Restaurant, hosted by the Chief Sommelier on board.
8. Treat yourself to a conditioning treatment and new cut and style at the Canyon Ranch SpaClub® Salon, or have your nails done, your legs waxed and your hair put up ready for the evening ball.
9. Learn the Quickstep or Cha-Cha in the Queens Room with a lesson by our on board dance hosts, ready for the Masquerade, Black and White or Ascot themed ball in the evening. You could also showcase your new moves in G32, the on board nightclub.
10. After dinner, watch a show in the Royal Court Theatre – from a theatrical or musical production to comedians.
11. Visit the Clarendon Fine Art Gallery 1and enjoy a glass of Champagne and a presentation on the life, style and influences of Jack Vettriano. You could also treat yourself to an exclusive art purchase from the exhibition.
12. Try your luck at Roulette, Blackjack or 1the slot machines in the Empire Casino – you can even take a gaming lesson with an on board croupier.
13. Get a head start on this evening’s chocolate fondant with a personal trainer in the gym; a few laps in the heated Pavilion Pool, or take a brisk walk around the Promenade Deck – three laps is a mile.
14. Indulge in some retail therapy as you peruse the duty free Mayfair Shops. With a wide range of fragrances and top brands including H.Stern, Radley and Hermes, there’s sure to be something to take your fancy.
15. ‘Dine out’ for a change of culinary scene and discover new Asian cuisines at Lotus; the taste of Italy at La Piazza, and an Indian fusion at Coriander – three specialty dining areas in a corner of Kings Court.
16. For our younger travellers there’s complimentary kids clubs, available for guests aged 6 months to 17 years of age, with a range of age appropriate activities on offer throughout the day.
17. Unwind with pre-dinner canapés and your favourite cocktail whilst listening to the sounds of live jazz in the Chart Room including performances by musicians from New York’s famous Juilliard School.
18. Meet your ship’s master and socialise with your fellow travellers at the Captain’s Cocktail Reception. Enjoy live music and canapés as well as a welcome from the Captain.
19. Order breakfast in bed or enjoy a steak dinner from the comfort of your spacious stateroom – complimentary room service is available 24-hours a day.
20. While on deck, celebrate the 1exhilarating moments of sailing just under the Verazzano Narrows Bridge in or out of New York with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne. Glide by the Statue of Liberty and take in the Manhattan skyline.