This week saw the last day of summer and nothing says autumn like a slice of sweet pumpkin pie. This Holland America Line recipe has just the right amount of sugar and spice, and it’s the perfect way to celebrate the return of cruise holidays to the USA!
- 450g canned pumpkin puree
- 3 Eggs
- 100g cups sugar
- 8 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 30ml heavy cream
- 1 pie shell
- 240ml heavy cream
- 85 g dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Allspice
- Combine all the ingredients except the cream.
- Slowly add the cream to the pumpkin mixture.
- Fill in the prepared pie shell and bake at 190°C for approximately 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let pie completely cool before garnishing.
- Using a parchment bag, pipe the tempered chocolate into small lines onto a pan covered with parchment. Leave to set before removing from the parchment.
- Cover the cooled pumpkin pie with the whipped cream and pipe 8 rosettes onto the pie.
- Slice each pie into 8 and sprinkle with allspice.