There’s a lot to love about a Seabourn holiday and the breadsticks are right up there on the list. This recipe is the exact one used by the Seabourn chefs to bake 1500 breadsticks each and every day. Recreated at home, it’s what your Friday evening wind-down wine has been waiting for…
- 1KG flour
- 15g yeast
- 30g sugar
- 15g salt
- 350g butter
- Cold water
- Blend the butter, salt, sugar, yeast and flour. Mix to form a dough, adding a little water where necessary.
- Flatten the dough on a baking tray. Cover with clingfilm and leave for one hour.
- Take a handful of the dough and roll through a pasta machine on setting 3 to flatten (a rolling pin will do the job too)
- Cut the dough into smaller pieces and put through the pasta machine again, this time on the fettuccine setting. No pasta machine? Don’t worry, you can also slice the dough into ribbons using a sharp knife.
- Lay the dough on a baking tray, trimming the ends so they are all the same length. Egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200c for 10 minutes or until golden brown.