Madeleine (HEYWOOD) FLORING | November 10, 2016 | Cunard | Queen Mary 2
The ship is beautiful and we very much enjoyed our transatlantic passage, our cabin and the service there were perfect. We ate very well, and service at dinnertime in the restaurants was 5 star, but not always at breakfast. The entertainment can also not be faulted. The following criticisms are for things that did not spoil our cruise, but could maybe improve our next cruise. We have already filled out reviews for Cunard, but did not mention the service in detail as it was a general evaluation.
1. We had surly service in some of the bars and the Golden Lion pub, and in the Britannia Restaurant sometimes at Breakfast. A shame, as most of the staff were so friendly and courteous.
2. We did not like the fact that the transatlantic time change took place at midday, would prefer midnight, it messed up the daily schedule.
3. The magnificent Library should have SILENCE signs, and maybe book-signing could take place in a bar, or the Veranda ?
4. The cleanliness of some public toilets throughout the ship, especially in the evening, left a lot to be desired.
5. Why are dogs allowed in restaurants ? That??s not hygienic.
6. We had several lectures spoiled by people arriving at least 20 minutes late, and asking us to get up so they could get to the best seats in the middle of the row. On the other hand we were once refused for a film when we arrived 5 minutes before the start and the door was closed. This should also happen with lectures as appealing to people??s better nature does unfortunately not work.
Ups and downs of cruising.
The start and end of the cruise has been difficult. Actually the start problem was not with the cruise at… Read more
A Brilliant short cruise except for the sore feet
A short cruise to Amsterdam. Service was excellent all round. The food was good, excellent in Sindhu. We were in… Read more
Value for money
Western Med and Balearics. Excellent service starting from collection from home. Ship and our “standard cabin” was extremely comfortable and… Read more
On balance it was enjoyable cruise from and return to Southampton with interesting ports of call. The "Norwegian Star" was… Read more
Will not be recommending P&O cruises and will not be returning myself! Very disappointing. I recently went on P&O Ventura… Read more