Never been a fan of Britannia
Ronald Craven | February 11, 2019 | P&O Cruises | Britannia
This is not just a review of Britannia but the whole package.
1) On going back to the cabin on the first night one of our cases was 50 yards down in the centre of passage with padlock smashed off and no one could give me an answer as to how it got there.
2)Some of the waiters acted as though they had just come out of catering school, could not remember which meal belonged to who.
3) With all the focus on cleanliness waiters handling cups etc by the rim.
4) Sun loungers cramped facilities golf nets etc.not fit for my back garden.
5) Breakfast and lunch 50% Of Asian origin not good if you dislike Asian food. There were many other reasons I would not travel with P&O again.
However turning to the outward and inward flights, surely if you advertise Dreamliner flights then that is what we should get not an aircraft that should have been in the workshop.
1)Aisle seat armrest fixed control button removed.
2) Reclining seat control not working. This was not just my seat but many others on the plane.
Meals on return flight into Manchester were disgusting and THE FINAL ONE A SAUSAGE AND OMELETTE BUN WAS TOTALLY INEDIBLE. VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET YOUR TEETH INTO.
Now for the serious part, I am 99% certain that this bun is the reason that 1 week later I’m still laid up with severe gastric enteritis which started on the Saturday evening of our return. And laid up probably for another week.
This I firmly believe is down to P&O using chartered aircraft. I paid for our seat choice and the additional £100 per person flying from Manchester. Pckge flight no TOM138/139 Mr. Paterson.
Please Bolsover Cruise Club we have always received great service and this was no exception, none of this was down to your company but my Wife and have made the decision not to cruise any longer, the standards have declined rapidly over the past 2/3 years.
The good and the bad
Having just finished a cruise on the Azura which we thoroughly enjoyed I would make the following observations. They have… Read more
Great cruise but a valuable day in Vienna lost to shoddy planning
The hotel in Vienna proved to be just right for us being quiet and well placed for the botanic gardens… Read more
Ups and downs of cruising.
The start and end of the cruise has been difficult. Actually the start problem was not with the cruise at… Read more
A Brilliant short cruise except for the sore feet
A short cruise to Amsterdam. Service was excellent all round. The food was good, excellent in Sindhu. We were in… Read more
Value for money
Western Med and Balearics. Excellent service starting from collection from home. Ship and our “standard cabin” was extremely comfortable and… Read more