Explorer of the Seas will sail the Eastern Mediterranean in style come summer 2020.
Royal Caribbean has released details of the ship’s upcoming $110 million amplification that will debut a mix of unparalleled feats and Royal Caribbean hits.
From 7 May 2020, Explorer of the Seas will set sail on 7- and 9-night itineraries to the best of Italy and the Greek isles, from Santorini to Mykonos and Crete.
There will be new adventures ashore and on board including The Perfect Storm racer waterslides, Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen, a redesigned, resort-style poolscape with signature poolside bar The Lime & Coconut; and transformed kids and teens spaces.
Explorer of the Seas new noteworthy experiences are:
- The Perfect Storm, the popular duo of waterslides, raise the stakes and friendly competition. Guests with the need for speed will race each other through three stories of twists and turns on Cyclone and Typhoon
- A reimagined poolscape brings a new, resort-style look and all-day island vibes
- The Lime & Coconut is Royal Caribbean’s signature, poolside bar. The three-level slice of the Caribbean will serve up live music, vacation-mode cocktails and the best views of the action on board
Explorer of the Seas Dining
Explorer of the Seas will expand on the diverse offering of restaurants, bars and lounges that include Asian cuisine at Izumi, the popular Chops Grille American steakhouse, Boleros Latin lounge, Schooner Bar and more. New venues coming to the table include:
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen is the cruise line’s new take on its signature Italian restaurant.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, the high-energy spot where guests can root for their home team
- Johnny Rockets Express makes its way poolside with American favourites
Explorer of the Seas Activities and Entertainment
From a new laser tag experience to a top-to-bottom redesign of the dedicated kids and teens spaces, everyone can revel in the excitement.
The featured highlights are:
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag debuts in Studio B, the venue that doubles as an ice-skating rink for guests and jaw-dropping shows.
- The new Adventure Ocean will come to life following a major makeover.
- An exclusive teens hangout will sport a whole new look and features, including the latest in movies, gaming and music, and the addition of a private outdoor deck
During its time in the Eastern Mediterranean, Explorer of the Seas will be joined by the reimagined Allure of the Seas.
As Explorer of the Seas rounds out its Europe season, the newly amplified ship will set course for the Caribbean with 5- and 9-night Eastern and Southern Caribbean sailings, roundtrip from Miami, including visits to Royal Caribbean’s new private island destination – Perfect Day at CocoCay.