Oasis of the Seas has made a splash in its return to South Florida with a $165 million new look.
Oasis of the Seas debuts a combination of new Royal Caribbean experiences, including the cruise line’s first barbecue restaurant, Portside BBQ; and guest favourites from the tallest slide at sea–the Ultimate Abyss–to popular live music venue Music Hall, and a reimagined, Caribbean pool deck.
Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International said:
To see a 63-day, $165 million effort come to life on a ship as iconic as Oasis of the Seas is remarkable. Our guests–new and fans alike–are in for an Oasis that takes family vacations to the next level. With exciting, new adventures and signature experiences, this ship is every bit as original as the day she debuted 10 years ago, almost to the day.
Oasis of the Seas top deck thrills include:
- The Ultimate Abyss – a 10-story slide at sea
- The Perfect Storm – the action-packed trio of multistory waterslides known as Typhoon, Cyclone and Supercell
- A reimagined, Caribbean pool deck with Splashaway Bay kids aquapark, signature poolside bar The Lime & Coconut, hammocks, casitas, in-pool loungers and live music, days and nights at sea take on a whole new meaning.
Oasis of the Seas Dining
- Portside BBQ – Royal Caribbean’s very first barbecue restaurant serves up an authentic, meat-packed menu inspired by the best-in-class barbecue across the United States.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – with 80 big-screen TVs, tabletop games, arcade classics, an Owner’s Box VIP area, bar fare and ice-cold brews
- Bionic Bar by Makr Shakr – a dynamic duo of robotic bartenders mans this guest-favorite venue.
- El Loco Fresh – Mexican street fare to go
- Sugar Beach – with more than 220 types of candy and a new walkup ice cream window
Oasis of the Seas Entertainment & Hot Spots
- Aqua80 – in the unparalleled AquaTheater, Oasis debuts a brand-new aqua show that sets jaw-dropping feats, high dives and acrobatics to iconic tunes from the 80s.
- One Sky – a new, full-scale production takes center stage in the Royal Theater.
- Spotlight Karaoke – a dedicated karaoke spot
- Music Hall – the live music venue
Oasis of the Seas Family Fun
- All-new Adventure Ocean – the major makeover encourages young guests to choose their own adventures across an entirely new layout.
- Social298 – a 360-degree transformation debuts a new, maxed-out teens lounge with gaming consoles, music, movies, places to hang out and a new outdoor deck known as The Patio.
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag
- Royal Escape Room – Mission Control: Apollo 18
The newly amplified Oasis of the Seas also sets sail with the Royal Caribbean International mobile app. Guests can now check-in for their cruise from their phone, and once onboard, enjoy a lineup of capabilities from the easy-to-use digital stateroom key and in-app TV remote features, the ability to explore and plan activities for each day, and make dining, shore excursion and show reservations, travellers can seamlessly transition into vacation mode.