Royal Caribbean officially took delivery of the 26th ship in its fleet, Spectrum of the Seas, in a ceremony held today in Bremerhaven, Germany. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Chairman and CEO Richard D. Fain and President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International Michael Bayley received the new ship from Meyer Werft Yard’s Managing Partner Bernard Meyer at the official handover ceremony.
Spectrum of the Seas
Spectrum of the Seas, the first in the Quantum Ultra class of ships, will homeport from Shanghai starting June 2019.
Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International said:
We are excited to welcome Spectrum of the Seas, our first Quantum Ultra class ship to the Royal Caribbean family. We have once again combined revolutionary ship design with the latest technologies to deliver a ship that will redefine the China cruise market. We are excited for our guests to make amazing family memories.
Spectrum of the Seas Features
Spectrum’s highlights include:
- Royal Caribbean’s first exclusive suites-only area, which will feature the Golden and Silver suite accommodations in a private enclave at the forward end of the ship on decks 13 through 16.
- The two-level, 2,809-square-foot Ultimate Family Suite, accommodating up to 11 guests. The three-bedroom suite includes a master bedroom and two additional bedrooms for grandparents and other family members. Kids have their own kid-friendly space on the upper level, complete with an in-suite slide that will transport them to the living area below.
- Innovative dining concepts Sichuan Red – with authentic cuisine from the Sichuan province of China, Wonderland’s Dadong – a new outpost of Chinese chef Dong Zhenxiang, renowned for his much-coveted roast duck, and the Leaf and Bean traditional tea room and café parlour offering a range of authentic Chinese teas, classic coffee drinks as well as freshly baked Chinese and Western desserts and pastries.
- A new lively and energetic karaoke venue, Star Moment
- An enhanced SeaPlex – the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea
- The iconic Sky Pad, a virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience located on the aft of the ship, as well as Quantum Class favourites the North Star, RipCord by iFly and the FlowRider surfing simulator.
- Cutting-edge and transformative venues, such as Two70
Spectrum of the Seas will accommodate 4,246 guests at double occupancy and be the largest and most expensive ship in Asia when she arrives at her new home in Shanghai, China on June 3, 2019.
Before Spectrum arrives in her new home this summer, she will sail a 46-night Global Odyssey from Barcelona, Spain to Shanghai, taking guests to an exciting array of ports including Aqaba, Jordan; Dubai, UAE; Muscat; Oman, Cochin, India and Georgetown, Malaysia. In winter 2019, the ship will reposition to Hong Kong to offer special holiday cruises.