Star line-up for Princess Cruises 2020 UK cruises announced
Princess Cruises has revealed the first round of celebrities who will speak on Princess Cruises 2020 Southampton-based cruise ship, Crown Princess.
Princess Cruises 2020 UK cruises
In 2020, Crown Princess will set out on several voyages to the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and northern Europe from May to November.
The line-up – which includes household names from across the world of TV, entertainment and sport – is the fourth speaker programme Princess Cruises has hosted on one of its UK-based ships.
The programme forms part of Princess’ Encounters with Discovery speaker series and currently comprises:
- Charlie Dimmock (gardening expert and TV presenter on Garden Rescue and formerly Ground Force) on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise departing 19 September
- Linda Gray (actress, Sue Ellen in Dallas) on a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing 30 May
- Duncan James (singer, TV presenter and actor, formerly in boy band ‘Blue’ and playing Ryan Knight in ‘Hollyoaks’) on a 13-night Mediterranean Adventurer cruise departing 2 August
- Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards (former British Olympic skier, portrayed in biographical film ‘Eddie The Eagle’) on a 13-night Mediterranean Adventurer cruise departing 2 August
- Henry Blofeld OBE (former BBC cricket commentator and sports journalist) on a 14-night Land of The Midnight Sun cruise departing 13 June
- Toby Buckland (gardener, author and TV presenter, formerly on BBC’s Gardeners’ World) on a 17-night Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruise departing 6 November
- Michaela Strachan (TV wildlife presenter on BBC’s SpringWatch, AutumnWatch and WinterWatch) on a 7-night Spain and France cruise departing 30 October
- Nik and Eva Speakman (therapists known for their work on British TV) on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing 15 August
Each speaker will host a 45-minute talk with questions and answers, as well as a meet and greet session including photographs and books signings.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK & Europe, said
We are thrilled to announce the return of our popular UK-based speaker programme for a fourth year. We’ll be welcoming back some familiar faces including Linda Gray and Eddie The Eagle, as well as introducing several household names for the first time. The speaker programme showcases our continued commitment to offering one-of-a-kind, immersive experiences which can only be found on a Princess ship. By offering our guests the chance to hear from such a well-known group of speakers, we are sure that they will head home from their holiday with lasting memories and a great story to share.
Further speakers will be announced shortly.