Keep your BLT – we’re getting creative with our sandwiches this summer, thanks to Carnival. Choc-chip cookies, ice cream and a profusion of toppings makes for a treat that’s as fun to make as it is tasty.
- 115g butter, softened
- 70g brown sugar
- 70g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 55g cocoa powder dark
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 280g dark chocolate chips (55g oz for topping)
- 30g sea salt (for topping)
- Cream the butter using both the brown and granulated sugars.
- Mix in vanilla and egg until it’s smooth.
- Add in the flour, cocoa and baking soda. Continue mixing until everything is well-blended.
- Stir in 225g of chocolate chips.
- Form dough mixture into ball-shaped balls.
- Drop these cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
- Press a few of the remaining chocolate chips into each cookie. Fancy bonus! Also lightly sprinkle just a few grains of sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Cover the cookies with plastic wrap and place them in the fridge.
- Chill for at least two hours.
- Bake at 160°c for 12 minutes.
- Now you have cookies! Let them cool a little.
- Place a big scoop of your favorite ice cream between two cookies. You’ve got a sandwich!