Celebrity Cruises celebrated today as the newly-revitalised Celebrity Silhouette arrived at her home port of Southampton, ready to welcome her first British guests in over 15 months.
Celebrity Silhouette will spend the summer season sailing a series of six to eight-night itineraries around Britain’s coastline. From greeting the sunrise with yoga on the open deck to whiling away the day on the ship’s half-acre lawn of real grass, guests will have the chance to truly relax and unwind after a challenging year.
Speaking about returning to UK seas after such a sustained pause, Jo Rzymowska, Vice President and Managing Director EMEA, said:
After over a year away, it’s a truly special feeling to be welcoming the beautiful Celebrity Silhouette back to UK shores. Our much-anticipated summer season marks a real vote of confidence in the UK cruise industry and we can’t thank our travel partners enough for all the support they’ve shown us. We can’t wait to treat our mutual guests to the ultimate luxury staycation and give them the opportunity to relax and unwind while looking out at the stunning British coastline.
Celebrity Silhouette has undergone a bow-to-stern ‘revitalisation’ as part of Celebrity’s $500m investment in updating the fleet. Guests joining a Celebrity Cruises staycation this summer can enjoy features including:
- Exclusive open-air hideaway, The Retreat – available to suite guests only, this luxurious space features a private sundeck and lounge designed by award-winning British designer Kelly Hoppen CBE.
- Unforgettable wellness experiences in the spa – Celebrity Silhouette’s onboard spa means guests can indulge in some much deserved ‘me time’ with a rejuvenating treatment, a restorative massage, or by relaxing in The Persian Garden, a peaceful oasis featuring a range of refreshing aquatic experiences, from billows of aromatic steam to tropical showers and heated loungers.
- Take endorphin levels to new heights in the Fitness Centre – Overhauled as part of her top-to-tail revolution, Celebrity Silhouette boasts state-of-the-art new cardio machines, weight equipment from Technogym and is one of the only places to experience the exhilaration of Peloton’s live-stream classes at sea.
- Guests will be enchanted by spellbinding magician Matt McGurk, the multi-award-winning industry veteran and illusionist. The Barricade Boys will also be showcasing some of the UK’s finest male voices and The Beatles Celebration will be paying homage to the world’s most influential band, transporting guests straight to Abbey Road with what with be the first live music most have heard for more than a year.
- Sailings will host inspirational talks from Penny Mallory, the world’s first female World Rally Car for Ford in the World Rally Championship and Derek Redmond, one of Britain’s most recognised and determined athletes, renowned for completing the 400m semi-final with a broken hamstring at the 1992 Olympic Games, in spite of his injury.
- Augmented reality luxury restaurant, Le Petit Chef – Le Petit Chef is a feast for the senses, where an animated 3D character appears right on guest’s plates and prepares each course for a truly interactive, artistic evening.
Guests can cruise with confidence onboard, as the ship will sail with fully vaccinated crew and guests (aged 18 and over). Vaccinated guests also require proof of a negative PCR test taken up to or within three days of sailing. Guests aged 24 months to 17 years old will take an antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation. The PCR and antigen tests required will be provided at the expense of Celebrity Cruises.
Alongside its vaccination and testing procedures, crew and guests will also be kept safe at sea with Celebrity Cruises’ app. Offering all the functionality required for a seamless onboard experience, guests can plan their holiday all from their smartphone – whether that’s booking one of the curated destination experiences or a delicious meal developed by Michelin-starred chefs.