Celebrity Silhouette has returned from a 42-day bow-to-stern makeover and will be arriving at her homeport of Southampton to begin sailings on 1 May 2020.
Celebrity Silhouette is the fourth ship in Celebrity Cruises’ fleet to undergo The Celebrity Revolution – the brand’s more than $500 million investment in ship-wide upgrades and breath-taking reimagined spaces.
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO, Celebrity Cruises said:
The modernisation of Celebrity Silhouette takes one of the most gorgeous ships in our fleet closer to the Edge. In many spaces, we worked down to the studs and built it all back up again in the modern, ultra-luxurious style that is synonymous with our innovative Edge Series, while still keeping much of the Solstice Series charm and beauty our guests have grown to cherish.
All staterooms and suites have been refreshed ship-wide with Celebrity’s exclusive eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses, new flatscreen TVs, upgraded amenities and more. Six new staterooms and suites have been added to Celebrity Silhouette, including two new ultra-stylish Sunset Suites and four Interior Staterooms
Celebrity Silhouette’s transformation also includes:
- The addition of The Retreat
- An exciting new dining offering, Craft Social (formerly Cellar Masters)
- The Entertainment Court Bar, a new cocktail quick-stop spot
- An updated Lawn Club, featuring eight refreshed Alcoves and an oversized outdoor movie screen
- An upgraded Sunset Bar
- Impressive digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi
- Guests will also now be able to experience Celebrity’s mobile app and the brand’s leading facial recognition embarkation technology, which enables a frictionless terminal experience and expedited boarding, as well as additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys
- An upgraded Fitness Centre with brand new state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment from Technogym
- World-class retail offerings
- An enhanced Art Gallery, Photo Gallery and iLounge, plus a sleek and sophisticated new design for The Casino and The Casino Bar
- A redesigned Library to promote diving into the perfect vacation book
- A refreshed Solarium and Pool Deck, taking relaxation to new heights on the open-air top deck
The bow-to-stern modernisation on Celebrity Silhouette began on January 3, 2020 and was conducted by the skilled hands of more than 500 engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the Celebrity newbuild and operations teams.