The Millennium-class ship, which was first launched in 2001, left dry-dock this weekend having undergone a transformation to both her public spaces, as well as every single stateroom, including a complete redesign of every bathroom.
The $75 million refurbishments also included the development of The Retreat, an exclusive suite-class area of the ship designed and finished by world-renowned designer, Kelly Hoppen, MBE; brand new updates to the spa made by New York-based design firm, Krause Sawyer; and upgrades and redesigns to a number of her restaurants and cafes.
Enhancements made to the Celebrity Summit’s staterooms and suites also include:
- All-new stateroom designs in partnership with HBA and a refreshed suite design by Kelly Hoppen, MBE
- The introduction of Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- New to Celebrity Summit, The Retreat Lounge – formerly Michael’s Club – an exclusive 24/7 lounge for suite guests designed by Hoppen, offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites and concierge service
- A total of 30 new staterooms, including
- 13 new AquaClass Staterooms
- seven new Ocean View Staterooms and
- 10 new Inside Staterooms.
Plus, luxurious enhancements across the ship including:
- Xcelerate Wi-Fi throughout the ship, and the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key
- Boutiques featuring some of the hottest designers in the world including John Hardy, Shinola, and TAG Heuer
- A new spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea, transforming the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center, and locker rooms
- A new consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations
- An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite for therapeutic experiences, such as Turkish baths, infrared sauna, and salt therapy
- An enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery
- A complete redesign of The Casino and Casino Bar with state-of-the-art slot machines making The Casino one of the most cutting-edge gaming experiences at sea
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises, said:
“Celebrity Summit is one of the most popular ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet and we’re excited to share the revolutionized design with the world – with modernized spaces and exciting new experiences, and she’s the first of our ships to feature our partnerships with American Ballet Theatre and Chef Daniel Boulud.”
Celebrity Summit’s transformation began on 17 February 2019 and she’s the second ship in the Celebrity Cruises fleet to experience The Revolution, with Celebrity Equinox slated to be next, in June 2019.