Fred. Olsen has introduced an interactive new app for its ocean fleet to assist guests in making the most of their cruise experience onboard and during their time ashore.
The new app has been created in response to increasing demand from guests for more technological solutions to help to inform and enhance their cruise experience. The app will be available to download from the App Store (Apple) and Google Play (Android) free of charge and is accessible on both mobile and tablet devices.
A completely bespoke build, the new app will include the following key features:
- Pre-cruise countdown
- Ability to complete ‘Guest Information’ and pre-book ‘Shore Tours’
- Ability to view ‘Cruise History’
- Access to ‘Onboard Room Account’
- Access to digital ‘Daily Times’, including the ability to filter and favourite activities, as well as set reminder alerts. Fred. Olsen will continue to support those guests who still wish to receive physical copies of the daily onboard newsletter
- Access to ‘Restaurant & Bar Menus’
- Destination information – scheduled changes and ports of call can be adjusted within the app, if required, aiming to inform guests in a more succinct, easily-accessible way
- Access to ‘Ship Tracker’
- Access to ‘Deck Plans’… and much more!
Ben Williams, Head of Marketing for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:
We are extremely excited to introduce the new Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines app, the latest development to improve the guest experience across our ocean fleet, from start to finish. We have been working with Ipswich-based agency, SimpleClick, with whom we have a long-standing relationship, to develop this interactive new app. SimpleClick’s understanding of the Fred. Olsen product and systems made them the obvious choice for this project. Being a smaller, local agency, they are very responsive, and their agile approach to working has enabled them to keep up with the changing demands of the project, as well as ensuring that the app was delivered on time.
By downloading the app before guests embark, Fred. Olsen guests will not need to purchase any WiFi on board the ships to be able to make use of it. Once they have installed the app on their mobile device or tablet, they can connect to the ship’s network without having to pay for on board WiFi, which will allow the app’s function to work in its entirety and will significantly reduce the risk of connectivity issues. However, some features do require WiFi or internet access.