Princess Cruises full Japan programme ranging from May 2021 to April 2022, will be available to book from 19 December 2019.
Diamond Princess will sail roundtrip from Tokyo and Kobe on 48 itineraries with voyages ranging in length from four-19 nights.
With a wide range of authentic onboard experiences including sushi dining, folkloric performances and origami classes, Diamond Princess is tailored for Japan cruising. The ship also boasts the largest Izumi Japanese bath of its kind at sea – a traditional onsen that’s both indoors and outdoors.
Highlights of the programme include:
- Visits to 10 UNESCO World Heritage sites including Mt. Fuji, ancient Kyoto, the shrines and temples of Nikko
- Eight festivals across six voyages including the introduction of the Osaka Danjiri festival
- The renowned cherry blossoms on five Spring Flowers voyages and the fall foliage on a number of itineraries including Shikoku, Kyushu and ‘Sea of Japan’ sailings
- Five maiden ports of call – Ube, Hitachinaka (for Nikko), Shimoneseki, Omaezaki and Jeju
- More time ashore with late-night departures of 9pm or later in nine ports – Akita, Aomori, Busan, Hakodate, Hong Kong, Kobe, Kochi, Osaka, Tokushima and Wakayama
- 29 new Local Connections shore excursions in 19 ports
- ‘Highlights of Japan’ cruisetour available on select voyages at an extra cost, providing guests with the opportunity to experience the main sights in Kyoto and Tokyo before or after their cruise